Going away for awhile. I'll be back when I am back, if I get back. In the meantime, here are a few essais, new and old, addressing issues of import for the elucidation of anyone who cares to peruse them, concerning:
implications of the Socratic dictum of self-knowledge;
the complex interactions of biological drives, social cohesion and individual psychology;
a full-blown political platform for the betterment of humanity;
the long-term implications of militarist foreign policy;
relevant historical perspectives on sociopolitical dynamics;
suggested methods for dealing with the burden of state tyranny;
and the indelible, abiding traces of meaning left behind by transitory, kairotic moments of freedom…
A couple of housekeeping notes: While I'm gone, it's possible that a few comments won't get through, because some of them, for various technical (not ideological) reasons, have to be approved 'by hand' before going live. So if you post a comment and it doesn't appear, don't be offended; it's nothing personal, and it will get there eventually. As I've explained in the past, this is due to the fact that the website has been severely hacked and damaged several times, often through hackers exploiting openings in the comments section. So the process we have now is somewhat cumbersome, but more secure.
Second, the front page of the website sometimes has a 'run-over' problem, with the text of posts spilling over into the side column. Again, this is something that has to be fixed by hand, and my hands will be elsewhere for a time. So if this happens while I'm gone, my apologies. I think if you click on an individual post, it opens into a more readable window.
Oh yes: don't forget to feed the chickens and slop the hogs while I'm gone. Thanks.
Latest Articles from Chris Floyd
- Bleaters and Tweeters: On Briefly Being a Political Football - 17 November 2015
- A Game Worth the Candle: Terror and the Agenda of our Elites - 14 November 2015
- Age of Despair: Reaping the Whirlwind of Western Support for Extremist Violence - 14 November 2015
Popular Articles from Chris Floyd
- Five Feet High and Rising - 30 September 2005
- Insanity Defense: Power, Paranoia and Presidential Tyranny - 29 June 2006
- The Bomb in the Shadows: Proliferation, Corruption and the Way of the World - 08 January 2008